These terms and conditions (the Terms) govern your access to and use of the ECA’s Website and its related sub-domains, sites, services and tools (the Website). The domain name www.eca.gov.ae of the Website is owned by Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority (the ECA).
For the purpose of these Terms and wherever the context so requires, ‘user’, ‘you’ and ‘your’ shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to use the Website in any manner whatsoever and shall include people browsing the Website and its content, posting comments or any content or responding to any content on the Website. ECA allows its users to surf the Website without registering on the Website.
ECA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms, at any time without any prior written notice to you. You are solely responsible for reviewing these Terms from time to time or every time you enter the Website. Should you object to any term or condition of these Terms, any guideline, or any subsequent changes to the Website in any way, you must immediately discontinue using the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes will mean that you accepted and agreed with the revisions.
By accessing the Website, you agree that you will not:
- deface, alter or interfere with the front end “look and feel” or content of the Website or any linked sites or the underlying software code;
- take any action, which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website or related infrastructure;
- do anything, which will or might damage, interfere with, disrupt access to, interrupt or impair the functionality of the material available on or through the Website, nor to upload any material that contains any computer viruses or other codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or equipment;
- post, distribute or otherwise upload any defamatory, libelous, offensive, infringing, obscene, indecent, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, racially or ethnically objectionable or otherwise unlawful material or information or send any chain letters, junk mail, ‘spamming’ material or any other form of bulk communication, advertising or solicitation;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- use the Website to commit a criminal offence or to encourage others to engage in any conduct which would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to the Website or any private or member account areas on the Website, nor to impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person;
- post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another, do, cause or permit anything to be done that may infringe, damage or interfere with any intellectual property rights of ECA, Abu Dhabi Government or third parties. Also, not to do anything that is otherwise unlawful, or which may create any liability on the part of ECA or Abu Dhabi Government; or collect or store personal information about others.
If ECA considers that you have breached any of the terms and conditions in these Terms or have otherwise demonstrated inappropriate conduct when using the Website, ECA reserves the right to:
- warn you that you have breached these terms and conditions, and ask you to stop such conduct;
- delete any material or content, which you may have posted without notice to you;
- take measures (including terminating, suspending or restricting your access) to, and preventing you from using the Website;
- report your activities to an internet service provider or relevant authorities; and/or
- take legal action against you.
Please click here to view ECA’s Intellectual Property statement.
Certain areas of the Website are limited to registered users and/or allow a user to request support or services online by entering personal information. You agree that any information you provide in these areas will be complete and accurate. Furthermore, you agree that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the Website under the name of, another person, and that you will not adopt a username that is offensive, in ECA’s sole discretion.
Links to Third-Parties’ Websites
The Website may contain links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither ECA nor Abu Dhabi Government operates or controls, in any respect, any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third-party links and pointers are included solely for your convenience, and do not constitute any endorsement by ECA nor Abu Dhabi Government. You assume sole responsibility for use of third-party links and pointers.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ECA indemnified from and against any claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), expenses or payments whatsoever, which ECA suffers, incurs, or is liable for, whether or not contemplated by the parties, arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Website including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions. You agree to cooperate fully in the defense of any such claim. ECA reserves the right to assume, at its own expense, the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You must not settle any matter without the prior written consent of ECA.
Disclaimer of Warranty
You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Website and applications and any material available through this website is at your own risk. Neither ECA nor Abu Dhabi Government warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted, problem-free, free of omissions, or error-free; nor any warranty is made as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Website. The content and function of the Website are provided to you, to the extent permitted by law, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied.
Limitation of Liability
Neither ECA nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any damages or injury caused by, including, but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or line failure. Neither ECA nor Abu Dhabi Government will be liable for any damages or injury, including, but not limited to, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on or through this Website, even if there is negligence, or ECA or an authorized ECA representative has been advised, knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages (including for loss of profits, use, data or other economic advantage).
Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of the Website is and these Terms are subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. ECA reserves the right to bring proceedings to the courts of the country of your location.