Painting the Windows
- Use homemade paint to paint the windows in your little one’s room.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup liquid soap
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable coloring
- 1 large container
- 4 small containers
- 1 popsicle stick
Perform this colorful sensory activity to help your little one create a work of art while strengthening their development of body movements and control and allowing them to draw and write.
This is a nice activity that will also allow your little one to stimulate their creativity and spend a nice moment with you, strengthening your affectional bond.
Before you start, prepare the environment where you two will work.
- Start at a small table where your little one feels comfortable working.
- Place all the ingredients on the table and ask for help to make the paint together.
- Mix all the ingredients together in the large bowl. Ask your little one to stir them together using a popsicle stick. They may need a little help, but let them try.
- Then take the mixture and divide it into the 4 small containers, and put a few drops of dye of different color into each container.
- Now that you have the paint ready, invite your little one to paint the windows. I recommend that you look for a window that at the height of your little one and preferably outside. If you do it inside, I recommend putting a plastic covering down under the window so as not to dirty the floor.
- Show your little one how to use the little homemade paint to finger paint on the window. I’m sure your little artist will have a lot of fun!